Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: American | Servings : 2 persons | Cook Time : 25 minutes
Riverside Foods’ has a great range of premium quality turkey that comes in pre-cooked, fresh frozen, and chilled hams.
Our Turkey Chowder takes an East Coast classic and adds its own special twist for a winter warmer.
- 300g cooked diced turkey meat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1-3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 350g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp plain white flour
- 750ml turkey or chicken stock
- 2 rashers of turkey bacon
- 50g sweetcorn kernels
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp single cream
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large pan then gently sauté the onion, garlic and potatoes for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the red pepper and sauté for 2 more minutes , then sprinkle in the flour. Cook for 2 minutes, then draw the pan off the heat and gradually stir in the stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the diced turkey with the sweetcorn kernels, add seasoning to taste, then continue to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and the turkey is piping hot.
- On the side, cook some turkey bacon lardons with a pinch of salt for the topping.
- Stir in the cream, adjust seasoning, then sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Chef’s Tip: Serve hot in a hollowed out bread bowl for extra wow points!