Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: American | Servings : 1 person | Cook Time : 5 minutes
American-Style Turkey Club Sandwich
Americans have a reputation for being the best in the business when it comes to making hearty, stacked sarnies.
This American-style turkey club sandwich will do any American proud with it’s layers of turkey, turkey bacon, crisp lettuce, and a thick slice of authentic sharp cheddar. If you want to go the whole hog, you can even make your bread from scratch.
If you want to spice things up a little, you can create your own condiment combo or the tried and tested versions of cranberry jam.
Chef’s tip: accompany with crisps or sweet potato fries for a simple yet classic dish.
Looking for something a little spicier? Check out our Hot ‘n’ Spicy section.
- 2 slices turkey
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- a couple slices of thick cheddar
- 3 slices of bread
- Romaine lettuce
- 2 tomato slices
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Toast bread, then spread some butter on both sides of every slice.
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of one slice of bread. Top with lettuce and tomato slices, then season lightly with salt and pepper. Place bacon slices on top.
- Spread mayonnaise on both sides of a second piece of bread and place on top of bacon. Top with cheddar, turkey, and turkey bacon. Spread mayonnaise on one side of the last piece of bread and place on top of sandwich, mayo side down.
- Secure with toothpicks and cut into 4 triangles.
Chef’s Tip: Make sure your bacon is crispy!