Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: Indian | Servings : 2 persons | Cook Time : 35 minutes
Turkey Tikka Masala
Who says Tikka Masala has to be made with chicken? Our Turkey Tikka Masala offers a high-protein alternative to this British classic.
Combine meat and spice for this Indian curry dish.
- 600g of Riverside Foods turkey fillet
- sunflower oil
- 1 x onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can passata or chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 100ml double cream
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt (optional)
- chopped coriander, toasted flaked almonds, steamed rice and garlic naan breads, to serve
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan over a medium heat, then fry the onions for 10-12 mins until golden.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, chilli and all the spices, and cook for 2 minutes until the mixture resembles a paste. Stir in the tomato purée, passata or chopped tomatoes and mango chutney, and bring to a simmer. Cook for a further 10 mins.
- Stir in most of the cream and the yogurt, if using, and return the mixture to a simmer. Add the turkey and continue to simmer until the turkey is piping hot. Remove from the heat, drizzle over the remaining cream and stir through briefly. Scatter over some coriander and flaked almonds, and serve with the rice and naan breads on the side.