Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: Spanish | Servings : 2 persons | Cook Time : 30 minutes
Riverside Foods’ has a great range of premium quality turkey that comes in pre-cooked, fresh frozen, and chilled hams.
We take on the traditional Spanish paella and tweak it with the addition of quality turkey breast. The beauty of a well-executed paella recipe is that it appeals to so many. A dish that can’t often be done well at home, customers will flock to a venue that has the reputation to pull this Spanish dish off.
Paella also has the added benefit that it can be sized up to become a group dish, quite a novelty for customers and another appeal to putting this on your menu.
- 450g Riverside Foods cubed skinless British Turkey breast
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 large red pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of paprika
- 175g easy-cook brown rice
- 100g frozen peas
- Green salad and crusty bread to serve
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan until quite hot and brown turkey by dry frying for five minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the oil, 2tbsp water, onion garlic and chopped pepper to pan cook on a medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, paprika and rice. Stir well then pour in stock or water and season.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, stir in browned turkey and peas. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The paella should be should be slightly moist and creamy. Serve immediately with a crispy green salad and warm crusty French bread.
Chef’s Tip: Use the freshest spices you have to invoke an authentic Spanish flavour.