Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: American | Servings : 2 persons | Cook Time : 20 minutes
Turkey Meatball Sub
A lower in fat alternative to the traditional meatball sub is our turkey meatball sub!
Turkey meatball subs offer the perfect combination of juicy meat, oozy cheese and fresh bread. For the cheese, you want something that melts easily, like cheddar or blue cheese if you like a stronger taste.
The ideal bread to go with this is a hot dog roll, or a crusty loaf if you want something thicker. Get them underneath the grill for added crisp.
- 500g turkey, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml marinara sauce
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 slices of cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey mince, spices, egg, breadcrumbs and chopped parsley. Mix with a fork until combined.
- Scoop meat out of the bowl into 1-tablespoon sized meatballs.
- Heat a skillet on a medium / high heat and add the oil. When hot, add the meatballs and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Turn off the heat and add the marinara sauce to the skillet over the meatballs and bake for 15 – 20 minutes in the oven.
- Assemble the sandwiches by placing three meatballs in each, cover in sauce and cheese. Stick under the grill for a few minutes to melt the cheese, then serve!