Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: Indian | Servings : 1 person | Cook Time : 15 minutes
Riverside Foods’ has a great range of premium quality turkey that comes in pre-cooked, fresh frozen, and chilled hams.
Who says turkey curry has to be for Boxing Day? Turkey curry is an excellent alternative to fattier chicken, beef or lamb. Our halal turkey is higher in protein than other poultry and is a great base for Indian dishes.
- 350g turkey breast / mince
- 4 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 25g plain flour
- 1 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 1 eating apple, cored and sliced
- 300 ml turkey or chicken stock
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 25g seedless raisins
- 2 tbsp. mango chutney
- salt and pepper
- Warm the oil in a pan and gently fry the onions until golden in a frying pan
- If the turkey is raw, incorporate into the frying pan now
- Add the curry powder and flour, stir and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Pour in the stock and cook, stirring occasionally, until it thickens
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, excluding the turkey meat, and cook gently for about 10 minutes
- Add the turkey (if using cooked), heat gently for a further 5 minutes, and serve with plain boiled rice or chips
Chef’s Tip: Add turmeric to the saucepan of cooking rice if you want a hit of colour and antioxidants. Omit the raisins if you’re not a fan.