Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: American | Servings : 1 person | Cook Time : 15 minutes
Turkey & Avocado Wraps
Riverside Foods’ has a great range of premium quality turkey that comes in pre-cooked, fresh frozen, and chilled hams.
This turkey and avocado wrap is very satisfying and simple to put together for lunch. If you want to kick this recipe up a notch, try adding some homemade avocado aioli as the base layer of the wrap. You can even add some apple for a sweet / savoury combination.
- 350g/12oz turkey breast fillets
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 8tbsp mayonnaise
- 2tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 soft flour tortillas, warmed
- Cut the meat into strips or small pieces and toss with the chilli powder and cumin until coated. Heat the oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the turkey over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until cooked.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in a 180C/350F/Gas 4 oven for 10 minutes or warm in the microwave for 45 seconds on full power.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and mustard together. Toss the avocado with the lime juice.
- Put the avocado, sliced cucumber, halved tomatoes and hot turkey on a serving platter or in separate bowls and the warmed tortillas on a board.
- Top the tortillas with selection of ingredients, spoon over the mustard mayonnaise and roll up the tortillas!
Chef’s Tip: Add some apple for a sweet and savoury combo.