Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: Thai | Servings : 4 persons | Cook Time : 25 minutes
Thai Green Turkey Curry
Riverside Foods’ has a great range of premium quality turkey that comes in pre-cooked, fresh frozen, and chilled hams.
Our Thai Green Turkey Curry is full of colour, spiciness, and we love how fragrant the creamy sauce is! Thai curry is the gold standard in which we rate Thai restaurants.
This can be a quick 30 minute Thai Green Curry made with store bought curry paste, or add your own homemade Thai Green Curry paste if you’re feeling adventurous.
- 50g creamed coconut from a block
- 450g diced turkey (thigh meat can be used)
- 1 tbsp seasoned plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 175g oyster mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 1 red or yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2-3 tbsp ready prepared Thai green curry paste
- 1 tsp. soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Freshly cooked rice to serve
- Dissolve the creamed coconut in 450ml/¾ pint of hot, not boiling water, stir until smooth. Reserve. Coat the turkey in the seasoned flour.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and seal the turkey on all sides. Add the mushrooms and chopped pepper then continue to sauté for 2 minutes. Add the curry paste, and the sugar and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring frequently then slowly pour in the coconut liquor.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the turkey is thoroughly cooked. Stir occasionally during cooking. Stir in the chopped coriander and serve garnished with coriander sprigs and with freshly cooked rice.
Chef’s Tip: Add extra chilies if you’re feeling adventurous and want some extra kick!