Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: Italian | Servings : 2 persons | Cook Time : 20 minutes
Tangy Tomato Turkey Pasta
This Tangy Tomato Turkey Pasta is simple to make, tasty and effective. We love it as we can get it on the table in less than 15 minutes, and it tastes divine with the spinach and parmesan topping!
We took inspiration from popular chicken pasta dishes and added our own twist on things, replacing it with a hearty turkey mince that gives a protein hit and offers a 100% halal option if paired with our turkey mince.
This recipe can also be made in an Instant Pot, but we prefer the classic way of cooking in a pan on the stove. Add as much authentic parmesan topping as you like if you’re a cheese fiend!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 500g ground turkey
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp lemon pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 500ml water
- 350g penne pasta
- 500g marinara sauce
- 2–3 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 lemon
- Parmesan cheese
- Add the olive oil and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey, salt, garlic powder, paprika, oregano and lemon pepper and use a wooden spoon to break up the turkey meat and cook it through. Cook for about 5 minutes until turkey is browned. Add tomato paste and mix in. Add the tomato sauce on top and mix in.
- Get a pot for your pasta to cook in. 350g of pasta should take around 500m – 1L.
- Once the pasta is cooking, stir in the spinach in your sauce and the juice of one lemon.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add two tablespoons of the pasta water into the sauce. Drain the rest of the pasta. Stir in the pasta water into the sauce, and combine pasta and sauce into one saucepan.
- Serve up, and add parmesan cheese as a finishing touch.