Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: Taiwanese | Servings : 1 person | Cook Time : 15 minutes
Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken
Riverside Foods’ has a great range of premium quality coated chicken ready to cook.
Taiwanese food is the underdog of tasty streetfood and Asian cuisine. It has lots of new flavours that will entice your customers to your door.
This Taiwanese chicken recipe is simple to make, with a dry seasoning you can prepare ahead of time for quick application in a busy kitchen.
Do you reckon your customers will want more? Dress up your popcorn chicken recipe with aromatic rice or fries.
Looking for something a little spicier? Check out our Hot ‘n’ Spicy section.
- 400g Riverside Foods Chicken Pops
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Sichuan peppercorn
- 1/2 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- A handful of Thai basil leaves (optional)
- Prepare the chicken as per instructions
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a shaker, ready to add after cooking the chicken.
- Serve hot!
Chef’s Tip: Present the chicken in a paper cone, or diner-style basket for an authentic feel for your customers.