Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: Asian / American | Servings : 1 person | Cook Time : 30 minutes
Sticky Asian BBQ Chicken Wings
Riverside Foods’ has a great range of premium quality coated chicken ready to cook.
Our BBQ chicken wings offer a great base for those that want to diversify into their glazes and dips.
Whilst many customers enjoy a BBQ chicken wing, you can use our wings to add your own personality with sticks sauces, glazes and dips to accompany them.
This Asian sesame chicken wing dish is so good! Marinated in a savoury, sweet, garlicky Asian marinade, then baked in the oven until golden and sticky.
All of our spicy chicken can be found in our Hot ‘n’ Spicy section.
- 3kg Riverside Foods Chicken Wings
- 350 ml maple syrup
- 200 ml light soy sauce
- 4 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tsp sesame seeds
- thinly sliced spring onions, for garnish
- In a bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and salt.
- Pop the chicken wings in the oven / deep fryer as per their cooking instructions.
- Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the liquid is reduced to a syrupy sauce, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and brush the tops with the marinade. Flip the wings over, brush the second sides with the marinade and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Return to the oven and bake until cooked through about 7-10 minutes. If desired, garnish with green onions before serving.
Chef’s Tip: For a deeper flavour, marinade your chicken overnight.