Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: Asian / American | Servings : 1 person | Cook Time : 30 minutes
Sriracha Honey BBQ Chicken Salad
Riverside Foods’ has a great range of premium quality coated chicken ready to cook.
This chicken salad is drizzled with sriracha honey barbecue sauce in a simple yet tasty lunch or light dinner option. This recipe talks volumes and offers your customers a healthier option whilst dining out.
It goes beyond a simple, boring salad. It speaks volumes with colour, texture and taste. The breaded / crispy chicken goujons or fillets soak up the flavour and add a clean protein.
All of our spicy chicken can be found in our Hot ‘n’ Spicy section.
- 6 Riverside Foods Chicken Goujons
- 1 small pack mint , leaves picked
- 150g natural yogurt
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2cm piece ginger , grated
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, each cut into 6 pieces
- 4 wholemeal flatbreads or pittas
- 2 Little Gem lettuces , sliced
- 1 small red onion , sliced, to serve
- pickled red cabbage , chilli sauce and hummus, to serve (all optional)
- Using well-soaked skewers, skewer the chicken and bake in the oven as instructed.
- Chop half the mint and put in a bowl with the yogurt, half the lemon juice, all the lemon zest, spices and ginger.
- Warm the flatbreads under the grill for a couple of seconds, then serve them topped with the lettuce, chicken, red onion, mint yogurt mixture, and any optional extras such as pickled cabbage, chilli sauce and hummus.
Chefs Tip: Accompany with a light side dish, or hummus mezze.