Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: Italian | Servings : 1 persons | Cook Time : 35 minutes
Spinach & Cream Cheese Stuffed Pan Fried Chicken Breasts
This spinach & cream cheese stuffed pan fried chicken breast recipe is a keto chicken recipe that’s ideal for your fat-loss goals. It’s low carb and delicious so you don’t necessarily have to feel left out of good food in January.
This pan-fried recipe doesn’t need bacon to keep the creamy filling to stay in (though you can add a turkey bacon rasher for good measure!).
Combine our chicken fillets with this creamy cheese filling and you’ll have quick and easy, delicious lunch and dinner menu options for your customers.
Recipe: Karami Urbanowski
- 4 chicken breasts
- 280g frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 150ml cream cheese at room temp
- 50g of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp minced chives or green onions
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken fillets slightly thinner.
- To butterfly your chicken breasts. Do not slice all the way through
- Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Fry the chicken breast in the frying pan on medium heat, around 7 minutes a side, until golden crispy.
- Combine the spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, chives and garlic in a bowl and heat until warm.
- Carefully spoon cheese mixture into the middle of each cooked chicken breasts.
- Turn the heat to low and put a lid on the frying pan. Heat for another 5-7 minutes.
Chef’s Tip: For a quicker way to heat up the cheese filling, use the microwave. Use fresh ingredients where you can and pay special attention to the internal temperature of the chicken.