Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: Cajun | Servings : 3 persons | Cook Time : 35 minutes
Spicy Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts
This Spicy Oven-Baked Chicken Breast recipe combines the key favourite spices such as cumin, chili powder, paprika and oregano for a kick that’ll satisfy the hotheads.
On top of that, the hit of garlic gives depth and flavour that radiates through the chicken breasts the longer you leave it to marinade. If possible, give it time to marinade overnight for a real impact!
Combine our chicken fillets with this spicy marinade for a great kick.
Recipe: Eat Well 101
- 3 medium chicken breasts
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 4 tbsp chicken stock
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC.
- Combine paprika, cumin, chicken stock, lemon juice, onion powder, oregano, garlic, chili flakes, melted butter, and olive oil in a bowl. Keep a little marinade on the side for later.
- Add in the chicken breasts and coat on all sides. Marinate for at least 30 minutes. When ready to cook, remove, and drain chicken breasts from marinade. Save the marinade for later.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet over medium-low heat, quickly searing the chicken breasts on both sides until golden —about 1 or 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Pour the drained garlic butter and spice marinade over the chicken breasts. Place the skillet in the oven and bake until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and rest for a few minutes before serving. Allow them to rest, covered for a couple of minutes.
Chef’s Tip: Combine with cauliflower rice for the perfect combo.