Course : Light Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: British | Servings : 2 people | Cook Time : 15 minutes
Spicy Chicken Sub Roll
Riverside’s new Spicy Chixstix is used in this delicious chicken sandwich recipe. Spicy Chixstix, which are chunks of marinated chicken breast, made to an authentic Asian recipe, skewered and coated in a spicy breadcrumb, give this warm sandwich a twist with extra spice and extra crunch. Ideal for a light lunch or quick dinner. Serves 2 people.
- 2 Spicy Chixstix
- 2 soft sub rolls
- Salad such as rocket and beetroot leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar or glaze
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter and garlic mayonnaise (optional)
- Pre heat the deep fat fryer to 130°C.
- Cook the Spicy Chixstix in the oil for 15 minutes.
- While the Chixstix are cooking, prepare the salad.
- Slice the cucumber.
- Prepare the salad leaves by placing in a bowl and drizzling with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze or vinegar then toss to coat.
- Slice the sub rolls along one side. Butter if you like or swipe the inside of the sub roll with mayonnaise if you prefer.
- Place the cucumber and salad leaves in the sub roll.
- Remove the Chixstix from the deep fat fryer and drain on kitchen roll.
- Pull the Chixstix from the skewer and pull apart the chunks. Put the chicken in the sub rolls with the salad and serve.
Chefs Tip: Swap mayonnaise for sweet chilli sauce to spice this recipe up even further! Use or add any salad of your choice such as tomatoes, peppers or red onion.