Course : Light Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: British | Servings : 2 people | Cook Time : 15 minutes
Spicy Chicken Kebab
Riverside’s new Spicy Chixstix is used in this delicious chicken recipe. Spicy Chixstix, which are chunks of marinated chicken breast, made to an authentic Asian recipe, skewered and coated in a spicy breadcrumb, give this kebab extra spice and an extra crunch! Ideal for a light lunch or quick dinner. Serves 2 people.
- 2 Spicy Chixstix
- 2 pitta breads
- Half red onion
- 1 small carrot
- Iceberg lettuce
- Garlic mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat the deep fat fryer to 130°C.
- Cook the Spicy Chixstix in the oil for 15 minutes.
- While the Chixstix are cooking, prepare the vegetables.
- Slice the red onion thinly.
- Peel and grate the carrot.
- Finely slice some iceberg lettuce.
- Lightly heat the pittas in a toaster to warm them up for 1-2 minutes, and then slice open one side of each pitta to make a pocket.
- Fill the pitta with the salad and vegetables.
- Remove the Chixstix from the deep fat fryer and drain on kitchen roll.
- Pull the Chixstix from the skewer and pull apart the chunks. Put the chicken in the pittas with the salad. Drizzle with garlic mayonnaise and serve.
Chefs Tip: Swap garlic mayonnaise for sweet chilli sauce to spice this recipe up even further! Use or add any salad or vegetables of your choice such as tomatoes or cucumber.