Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: British | Servings : 1 person | Cook Time : 15 minutes
Spicy Chicken Cheeseburger
Riverside Foods’ has a great range of premium quality hot and spicy chicken ready to cook.
For this recipe, you can use Gluten Free Hot ‘n’ Spicy Chicken Goujons (GLFH5950A), Gluten Free Hot ‘n’ Spicy Chicken Fillets (GLFH5950A) or Hot ‘n’ Spicy Breaded Chicken Burger (GLFH5950A). They can all be found in our Hot ‘n’ Spicy section.
Frank’s Hot Sauce is synonymous with adding extra spice to chicken in the UK. Hot sauce lovers recognise the hot sauce logo as a solid, mainstream option for their spicy needs.
- 3 Riverside Foods Spicy Chicken Goujons
- 1 burger bun
- Salad such as rocket and beetroot leaves
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Thinly sliced celery
- 1 tbsp blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tbsp shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Whisk mayonnaise and FRANK’S RedHot® Sauce in medium bowl. Add celery, red onion and blue cheese, toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Bake chicken as instructed.
- Remove roll from packaging. Place bottom half of roll, cut-side up, in baking dish sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over bottom half of roll. Top evenly with chicken and remaining cheese. Place top half of roll on shallow baking pan, cut side down. Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake both pans 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and cheese is melted. (Remove top half of roll from oven early if they are browning too quickly.)
- To serve, spread celery slaw evenly over bottom half of sandwiches. Place toasted top half of rolls on top of slaw layer, cut-side down. Secure each sandwich with a toothpick.
Chefs Tip: Accompany with twice-baked sweet potato fries or some gooey macaroni cheese.