Course : Light Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: British | Servings : 2-4 people | Cook Time : 3 minutes
Southern Fried Chicken Mini Fillets with a Nutty Salad
Riverside’s tasty Southern Fried Chicken Mini Fillets are used in this recipe served with a healthy nutty salad. This recipe is ideal for a light lunch or starter. Serves 2 people as a light lunch or 4 people as a starter.
- 8 Riverside Foods Southern Fried Chicken Mini Fillets
- 2 pitta breads
- 1 small carrot
- Lettuce leaves such as rocket or watercress
- Handful of nuts such as almonds or pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon of seeds such as sunflower, poppy or sesame
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat the deep fat fryer to 180°C.
- Cook the Southern Fried Chicken Mini Fillets in the oil for 2-3 minutes.
- While the Mini Fillets are cooking, prepare the salad.
- Peel and grate the carrot.
- Roughly chop the nuts.
- Place the carrots, leaves, chopped nuts and seeds in a bowl. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season according to taste. Toss to mix and coat.
- Remove the Chicken Fillets from the deep fat fryer and drain on kitchen roll.
- Arrange the Chicken Fillets on a plate with the prepared nutty salad. Serve.
Chefs Tip: Serve two Mini Fillets with salad for a starter or four Mini Fillets with salad for a light lunch.