Course : Light Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: British | Servings : 2 people | Cook Time : 5 minutes
Quarter Pound Southern Fried Chicken Burger
- 2 Chicken Burgers
- 2 burger buns
- Half red onion
- 1 large tomato
- 4 slices of cucumber
- Iceberg lettuce leaves
- Ketchup (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat the deep fat fryer to 180°C.
- Cook the Chicken Burgers in the oil for 4-5 minutes.
- While the Burgers are cooking, prepare the bun and salad.
- Slice the red onion into rings.
- Slice the tomato into rings.
- Slice the cucumber into rings.
- Slice open the burger bun (butter if desirable).
- Squeeze mayonnaise on the bottom of the burger bun and add a slice of lettuce.
- Remove the Chicken Burgers from the deep fat fryer and drain on kitchen roll.
- Top the lettuce with the Chicken Burger then put the onion, tomato and cucumber on the top of the burger. Add ketchup if you like then finish with the top half of the bun. Serve alone or with chips.
Chef’s tip: Add any salad of your choice.