Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: Chinese | Servings : 1 persons | Cook Time : 20 minutes
Hoisin Turkey Stir-Fry
Riverside Foods’ has a great range of premium quality turkey that comes in pre-cooked, fresh frozen, and chilled hams.
Who doesn’t love a stir-fry? There’s a reason why restaurants like Wagamama are so popular and well-regarded. Our turkey stir-fry offers something different; lower in fat than beef, and higher in protein than chicken. Our halal turkey comes to you ready to be cooked and incorporated into your Hoisin stir-fry.
- 100g Riverside Foods turkey breast fillet cut into stir-fry strips
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 15g unsalted cashews
- ¼ red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- ¼ yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 40g mange tout, sliced
- Two spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp hoi sin sauce
- Two teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- 75g fresh stir-fry noodles (or 38g dried egg noodles, cooked according to pack
- A sprinkling of sesame seeds
- Heat half the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the cashews and fry until just golden. Drain from the pan with a slotted spoon on to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Add the red and yellow pepper slices and stir-fry for three minutes. Add the mange tout and spring onions and stir-fry for three minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and stir-fry the turkey for three minutes. Mix together the hoi sin, soy and chilli sauces and pour into the pan.
- Add the noodles and return the vegetables to the pan. Toss everything together over the heat for 2-3 minutes or until everything is hot.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds, add the cashews and serve.
Chef’s Tip: Never skimp on authentic Chinese spices; these will make or break the success of Chinese cuisine.