Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: Greek | Servings : 1 person | Cook Time : 30 minutes
Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers
Riverside Foods’ has a great range of premium quality coated chicken ready to cook.
The chicken for this Greek recipe can be cooked direct from frozen, making it an ideal summer offering for lunches and dinners. The chicken can be cooked in the oven or fried for a crispy outer coating and moist meat.
The yogurt mixture gives a zesty lift when combined with the sourness of the cabbage. Customers will enjoy this as a lunch option, or light dinner. Combine with crudités, hummus and other mezze dishes to complement this dish.
All of our spicy chicken can be found in our Hot ‘n’ Spicy section.
- 6 Riverside Foods Chicken Goujons
- 1 small pack mint , leaves picked
- 150g natural yogurt
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2cm piece ginger , grated
- 4 wholemeal flatbreads or pittas
- 2 Little Gem lettuces , sliced
- 1 small red onion , sliced, to serve
- pickled red cabbage , chilli sauce and hummus, to serve (all optional)
- Using well-soaked skewers, skewer the chicken and bake in the oven as instructed.
- Chop half the mint and put in a bowl with the yogurt, half the lemon juice, all the lemon zest, spices and ginger.
- Warm the flatbreads under the grill for a couple of seconds, then serve them topped with the lettuce, chicken, red onion, mint yogurt mixture, and any optional extras such as pickled cabbage, chilli sauce and hummus.
Chefs Tip: Accompany with a light side dish, or hummus mezze.