With the end of Eid al-Fitr 2023 upon us, many are already thinking ahead to Eid al-Adha, which starts on 28th June 2023. Traditionally, foods associated with Eid al-Fitr (Festival of Breaking the Fast) are often sweet, coming at the end of Ramadan fasting. Indeed it is often called the “festival of sweets”. In contrast, foods enjoyed during Eid al-Adha (Feast of the Sacrifice) tend to be savoury and contain more meat. In this article, we will provide some tips to help you get ready for Eid Al-Adha 2023.
Preparing for Eid Al-Adha 2023
It is always advisable to plan your Eid Al-Adha menu ahead of time. This will allow you to think about the types of food you want to make and the recipes you will follow and give you time to purchase ingredients and prepare your dishes. To spice things up, trying some new recipes this year. Eid Al-Adha is a great time to try new foods and experiment with different flavours. Consider trying traditional dishes from different cultures or putting a new spin on classic recipes.
Remember, you don’t have to prepare a huge feast for Eid Al-Adha. Rather than overwhelming yourself and your guests, aim to keep it simple by preparing a few well though-out dishes that everyone will enjoy. Also, don’t be afraid to prepare some of your food ahead of time. Depending on what you are planning to eat, these can be frozen and defrosted or refrigerated before your meal without compromising quality and taste.
Food Ideas for Eid Al-Adha 2023
When planning your Eid Al-Adha menu, it is all too easy to become overwhelmed. Here are some simple ideas that will appeal to everyone:
- Biryani: Biryani is a flavourful rice dish that is perfect for Eid Al-Adha. You can use chicken or any other type of Halal meat with a variety of spices and aromatics.
- Kebabs: Kebabs are a popular dish for Eid Al-Adha. You can make chicken kebabs with a mix of spices and serve them with rice, bread or salad.
- Haleem: Haleem is a slow-cooked meat and lentil stew that is popular in many Muslim cultures. It’s usually made with lamb or beef and is a hearty and flavourful dish.
- Samosas: Samosas are a popular appetizer or snack during Eid Al-Adha. You can fill them with a variety of ingredients like spiced potatoes or chicken.
- Falafel: Falafel is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for vegetarians. You can serve it with pita bread, hummus, and tahini sauce.
- Grilled Vegetables: Grilled vegetables are a healthy and tasty side dish for Eid Al-Adha. You can grill a variety of vegetables like peppers, eggplant, and courgette and serve them with yoghurt dip or hummus.
This article provides just a few ideas to get you started, but there are many more dishes that you can prepare for Eid Al-Adha 2023, depending on your tastes and tradition. No matter your plans for Eid Al-Adha 2023, what really matters is enjoying time with family and friends. Happy Eid Al-Adha 2023!
Riverside Foods has been serving the Muslim community for over 40 years and has built a strong reputation in the UK as a trusted Halal poultry and gluten-free supplier. For more details about our Halal products, please phone +44 (0) 1691 839288 or complete our contact form.