Course : Light Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: Mexican | Servings : 2 people | Cook Time : 3 minutes
Chunky Chicken Salsa Wrap
Doesn’t a spicy salsa make everything better?
This chunky chicken salsa wrap can be made in record time and is ideal for a restaurant with a quick turnaround, or light bites venue.
The salsa can be made ahead of time, in fact it’s better when you do as it allows the flavour to develop and can be kept in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- 8 Chicken Goujons
- 2 large tortilla wraps
- Lettuce leaves of your choice
For the Salsa
- Quarter of a red onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 garlic clove
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin (optional)
- Pre heat the deep fat fryer to 180°C.
- Cook the Chicken Goujons in the oil for 2-3 minutes.
- While the Goujons are cooking, prepare the salsa.
- Chop the red onion, coriander leaves and tomato finely, crush the garlic clove and place in a bowl. Squeeze on the lime juice, season and add spices (optional) then mix well.
- Remove the Chicken Goujons from the deep fat fryer and drain on kitchen roll.
- Arrange the Chicken Goujons and lettuce on the tortilla down the middle and not too close the bottom then add the salsa. Fold up the bottom then roll up the wrap. Serve.
Chef’s tip: Add any salad of your choice such as peppers and cucumbers, or bulk up with a side dish such as spicy potato wedges.