Course : Light Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: Mediterranean | Servings : 2 people | Cook Time : 3 minutes
Chicken Frite Pitta
Pitta breads offer the perfect lunch for people on-the-go. Stuff a fresh, warm pitta bread with our chicken frites and garlic mayonnaise for a filling lunch or light dinner option.
Our chicken frites offer a quick and versatile way to provide chicken products on your menu. Team with dressings, dips or coatings or your choice to mix things up whilst keeping your inventory down.
- 8 Chicken Frites
- 2 pitta breads
- Half red onion
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- A quarter of cucumber
- Lettuce leaves such as rocket or beetroot
- Garlic mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat the deep fat fryer to 180°C.
- Cook the Chicken Frites in the oil for 2-3 minutes.
- While the Frites are cooking, prepare the salad.
- Dice the red onion finely.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Chop the cucumber into small cubes.
- Lightly heat the pittas in a toaster to warm them up for 1-2 minutes, and then slice open one side of each pitta to make a pocket. Swipe a small amount of garlic mayonnaise around the inside of the pitta with a knife.
- Fill the pitta with the salad.
- Remove the Chicken Frites from the deep fat fryer and drain on kitchen roll.
- Put the Chicken Frites in the pittas with the salad. Serve.
Chef’s tip: Swap garlic mayonnaise for sweet chilli sauce to spice this recipe up! Use or add any salad of your choice.