Course : Lunch/Dinner | Cuisine: American | Servings : 2 persons | Cook Time : 30 minutes
Back To The Future Chicken Burger
When you hear Back To The Future, you don’t think of the chicken burger. But give us a moment to explain.
To celebrate Back To The Future Day (21 October), we’re taking you back to 1985 where the McChicken had been recently introduced . You walk into your local McDonald’s and hear Power Of Love by Huey Lewis on the speakers as you stride to the counter to order your meal. The smell of hairspray and perming solution hits your nose and you notice the high-top sneakers, acid wash jeans and stiff collars of your fellow consumers.
Welcome to one of the best eras in recent history.
The McChicken Sandwich (as it was known in the USA), combines a tasty breaded chicken patty, lashings of mayo and fresh, crispy iceberg lettuce on a toasted bun. Depending on where you lived in the world, your McChicken could also include teriyaki sauce (Hawaii), ‘McChicken sauce’ (New Zealand), and Cajun (Singapore).
What more could you want than some tasty chicken burgers? Check out our chicken range for our full list of products.
- 2 x Riverside Foods breaded chicken burger
- 2 x sesame seed buns
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced chives
- zest of lemon
- 100ml mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook the chicken patties as per the instructions.
- Shred the iceberg lettuce and chop the sliced chives. Add zest of lemon and set aside.
- Now let’s make the sauce. Together in a bowl, mix the ingredients and set aside.
- Toast the buns
- Assemble the burgers, and enjoy with a side of french fries and a thick milkshake!